The fit out of an open-plan speculative office building to suit the needs of Hampshire County Council. The refurbishment included partitioning, flooring, new kitchenettes and associated mechanical and electrical and IT cabling works.
- Partial occupation of the building for the duration of the works.
- Challenging acoustic requirements for new office spaces created.
- Managing material movements and carrying out work in communal lobby areas.
- Adapting the existing M&E services to suit the new requirements.
- Avoiding noise or disturbance to existing occupants of the building.
- Ambitious completion date to accommodate users from another building on which the lease was expiring.
How these were delivered:
- Separate accesses and complete segregation agreed from occupied areas for our operations and workers using the rest of the building.
- An acoustic consultant was employed by Morgan Sindall to review all acoustic detailing and ensure service routes and penetrations were dealt with efficiently.
- Thorough surveys undertaken prior to commencement of the M&E fit-out, minimise disruption and efficient programming.
- Regular consultations with existing occupiers to ensure any unavoidably noisy works were undertaken outside of office hours, e.g early morning. Alternative methods of construction used wherever possible to keep noise and disturbance to a minimum.
- iESE 2 stage process for swift procurement and agreement of contract as well as collaborative planning from an early stage including key supply chain – total savings of £34,000.